In Italy, the amount of glass waste reached in 2015 1.825.000 t, and 91% of this amount has been recycled. The remaining 9% that is to say 164.000 t in 2015 constitutes the waste of this process (Coreve, 2015). SASIL spa processes this waste obtaining a product named glassy sand that is now well accepted by the glass factories. In turn from this treatment SASIL generates a 3% of waste made of all the impurities usually present in a glass waste. The problem faced in this research is the recovery of the most of these impurities. The impurities are represented by ceramics, stones, magnetic and non-magnetic metals, paper, plastics, cork, oily residues, synthetic corks etc., which are not always easily removable. SASIL S.p.A. already built a treatment plant for the recovery of this waste but the its performances are not yet satisfactory. For this reason some samples were taken from different points of the plant in order to carry out particle size analysis and product characterization to define the composition of the waste and evaluate the efficiency of industrial treatments. The present work shows that the cullet waste material of scrap glass recovery treatments (waste3) is composed of exploitable product fractions with different particle sizes and physical (such as density , shape and resistance) properties. In the next step, laboratory tests were executed to achieve maximum separation efficiency and to valorise the different product fractions. On the base of laboratory results, a new treatment plant was designed and economic evaluation have been made. The materials to be trade as secondary raw materials (SRM) are about 87.5% of the total entering the plant and result to be glass, plastic lightweight, ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, synthetic stoppers and cork stoppers.

The recovery of the waste of the secondary glass (waste3) / Marini, Paola; Bellopede, Rossana; Zanotti, Giulia; Ramon, Vera. - STAMPA. - (2017). ((Intervento presentato al convegno RECYCLING tenutosi a Rome nel July 27-29.

The recovery of the waste of the secondary glass (waste3)

MARINI, PAOLA;BELLOPEDE, ROSSANA;ZANOTTI, GIULIA;
2017

Abstract

In Italy, the amount of glass waste reached in 2015 1.825.000 t, and 91% of this amount has been recycled. The remaining 9% that is to say 164.000 t in 2015 constitutes the waste of this process (Coreve, 2015). SASIL spa processes this waste obtaining a product named glassy sand that is now well accepted by the glass factories. In turn from this treatment SASIL generates a 3% of waste made of all the impurities usually present in a glass waste. The problem faced in this research is the recovery of the most of these impurities. The impurities are represented by ceramics, stones, magnetic and non-magnetic metals, paper, plastics, cork, oily residues, synthetic corks etc., which are not always easily removable. SASIL S.p.A. already built a treatment plant for the recovery of this waste but the its performances are not yet satisfactory. For this reason some samples were taken from different points of the plant in order to carry out particle size analysis and product characterization to define the composition of the waste and evaluate the efficiency of industrial treatments. The present work shows that the cullet waste material of scrap glass recovery treatments (waste3) is composed of exploitable product fractions with different particle sizes and physical (such as density , shape and resistance) properties. In the next step, laboratory tests were executed to achieve maximum separation efficiency and to valorise the different product fractions. On the base of laboratory results, a new treatment plant was designed and economic evaluation have been made. The materials to be trade as secondary raw materials (SRM) are about 87.5% of the total entering the plant and result to be glass, plastic lightweight, ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, synthetic stoppers and cork stoppers.
File in questo prodotto:
Non ci sono file associati a questo prodotto.
Pubblicazioni consigliate

Caricamento pubblicazioni consigliate

I documenti in IRIS sono protetti da copyright e tutti i diritti sono riservati, salvo diversa indicazione.

Utilizza questo identificativo per citare o creare un link a questo documento: http://hdl.handle.net/11583/2681188
 Attenzione

Attenzione! I dati visualizzati non sono stati sottoposti a validazione da parte dell'ateneo