The clients of the Borsalino family: the projects for Alessandria Between the final decades of the nineteenth and the first half of the following century a contemporary «new city» was built in Alessandria. The demolition of the fortifi ed city walls (recent if compared with other cities in Piedmont), the abolition of the customs boundaries (1922 law) and the introduction of a series of industrial enterprises within the area surrounding the historic center were all factors that infl uenced the urban development. In particular, a fundamental role was played by the Borsalino family (the father Giuseppe and his son Teresio were the heads of the hat factory by the same name). Parallel to the take-off of the factory (founded in 1857), its production on a world wide scale and the fi nancial success of the enterprise, the Borsalino family increased their welfare activities. Teresio dedicated particular attention not only to running the hat factory, but also to the modernization of the city, making a large fi nancial contribution. Having inherited a fl ourishing manufacturing business with the concrete prospect of continuing growth, allowed the future senator to dedicate a praiseworthy effort in favor of the community of Alessandria.
|Titolo:||La committenza della famiglia Borsalino. Gli interventi in Alessandria|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2006|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||1.1 Articolo in rivista|